Monday, January 24, 2011

Appropriate Questions for a Monday Morning

First of all, Happy Monday.


Yes, I wish I was still sleeping with this adorable ball of fur right now.

I had an excellent weekend. M came and visited--- we got to celebrate Pam's birthday and brunch at State and Allen. 

Question: Are bump-its socially acceptable? I kind of always viewed it as a joke, like the snuggie (*clause: IF it is really cold at a football game, snuggies can be socially acceptable.) However,  I saw a major bump-it this weekend that kind of rocked my world. It was like a train wreck--- I couldn't stop rubbernecking the madness of it. 

Would you believe me if I told you that this does not even do it justice?

Saturday night was filled with couple's game night. Question: When did we get so old and perhaps boring? Maybe the question should be at what point did I have a change from post Frat Star Uptown life to viewing game night as more pleasurable? I really, truly look forward to it and really, truly would rather be with close friends, drinking wine and pondering cold fusion in a heated game of Trivial Pursuit than fighting a huge crowd at a bar. At one point, while playing Trivial Pursuit, a few of us opted for JAZZ MUSIC over the Top 40 currently playing on the iPod. Jazz Music?? What? When did we turn 60? On top of this, someone mentioned going to a bar and was literally scoffed at. Bar? What? Spend money at a bar? Who do you think you are? I'm surprised stones weren't thrown.

Sunday I forced Mike to get up and go for a powerwalk (teehee I bet he is so embarrassed) and then go to the grocery store with me. Question: Why is it that now that I am married, I refuse to go to the grocery store alone? This actually came up last night at dinner when two of my married/engaged girlfriends described the same thing.  Truth is that I could get through the grocery store quicker and much cheaper if Mike didn't come with me. But there is something about it that makes me feel like he HAS to come with me. Torture? I don't know, maybe.  But what changed? I went from a perfectly able bodied single gal to a damsel in distress on aisle three: "Mike, WE FORGOT THE ONIONS!" "Mike, can you go run to the opposite end of the store and grab _____?" "Mike, can you watch the cart while I..." Yesterday he started to tell me no. For example, when I needed to run and get some cheese at check out, he just looked at me and rolled his eyes when I asked him to do it. That's right baby, take a stand for yourself.

Sunday night I hosted our monthly Chi O dinner. Question: What do you think of online dating? If you are okay with it, at what age should a man/woman sign up? Do you have a strong  opinion about one social dating site over another? Last night over dinner most of us agreed that the stigma once associated with online dating is no more. Most single men and women are so busy with their jobs that this makes meeting potential partners much easier. What do you think? Are we wrong?

And finally, at what age does it become inappropriate to have hair this long?


I'm going to have to say that this age is too old.

Oh RHOBV, the drama you create is mind numbing... and I am so sad the season is over.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...