Thursday, January 27, 2011

Little known fact: I am on IMDB

My name might be spelled wrong for some reason, but I am on IMDB


You see, I am really lucky because when I come to work I get to work with one of my best friends, Bart. I could go on and on about how much he has taught me, how he has been there for me during my darkest hours, and how he makes this Type-A lady lighten up and think outside of the box. But i'll save the sap for his birthday card.


Anyway, in Bart's spare time, he writes and makes movies. Bart and his writing partner, Jason, have several projects going on, including a movie in development with real life movie stars attached (Jason Priestly, Debra Jo Rupp i.e. the mom from That 70's Show... go check it out!)


Butterscotch: Because Life Sucks
P.S. My wonderful cousin, Brooke, did the artwork for this poster 


For whatever reason Bart and Jason have allowed me to assist with the wardrobe for one of their short films, Virgin Mary Christmas AND for their teenage horror web series, Throwing Stones. I'm not exactly sure why, but I love these guys and believe in their work, and am very thankful for the opportunity be a part of what they create.


Today in particular, I want to plug Throwing Stones. Throwing Stones is a psychological teenage (PG-13) horror webseries. Think Breakfast Club from hell. 




This web series has gotten great reviews from horror websites around the world. It really is revolutionary in that there hasn't been a teenage horror web series made. Bart and Jason have worked tirelessly on this project and different web venues literally begged them for the rights to show the series on their site. They have great talent attached to it, and many sponsors that give away cool stuff every week on their live web show.


What shows the sponsors and other potential sponsors that a Season 2 should be made is the number of viewers it has each week. Each show is on average three minutes long. There have been four episodes made so far- perfect for the short mental break that you need while plugging along at work today.


You can watch each episode here: http://www.throwingstoneswebseries.com/

By watching, you not only support me and my friends but also local Dallas artistic talent. 


 Thanks for your support. Yay for Thursday!













1 comment:

  1. This post is worthy of a comment because you are worthy. Now clean up some cat vomit and iron some bed sheets. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...