Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Miss Nelson is Missing...

She's BAAAACCCKKKK
Okay, okay. I failed miserably at my promise to take a lot of pictures and post on my blog last year. In my defense, I think this is a nurture skill that I did not inherit from either of my parents. My family has (2) photo albums. This is not an understatement. One is red, one is green, the green one has a ripped cover and they both are stored at the top of my mom's closet. 


Anyway, I remember in high school talking to a good friend whose parents literally documented every second of her and her older brother's lives. They had an entire closet of photo albums and videotapes, ranging from Christmas and birthdays to the first time her brother mowed the lawn and the first time she shaved her legs. And started her period. Just kidding about the period part. Needless to say, I was amazed, and okay, maybe I was a little jealous.


Our two photo albums, on the other hand, start at my parent's wedding, through my birth, and go up to my sister's first year or two of life. At least there are a few pictures of me through age five... Kathryn really got the shaft.


I will say, in Mom and Dad's defense, that we did have a camcorder like this one:




And we do have several home videos. That are currently missing. But that is besides the point.


Picture Dr. Smith with the Tom Selleck Mustache,



and his three girls, each with their own HORRENDOUS Abilene West Texas accent.  I was, admittedly, the worst. I was four, very loquacious, and high pitched. High pitched mini-Reba. On tape it is much worse and very hard to listen to for more than 5 minutes. Maybe this is why the tapes are lost.

Anyway, the point is that my parents did not take pictures and so I do not take pictures- at least this is the correlation that I've made. It doesn't help that all of my girlfriends LOVE to take pictures, so anytime I want a picture I just pull it from their facebook or snapfish files... or that I can pull cool pictures of Tom Selleck with his Magnum Mustache from the internet. By the way, look at this gem:


"In case of emergency, Tom Selleck's mustache may be used as a flotation device."


In spite of all of this, I'm back at the request of one of my lovely best friends. I didn't know that anyone read this, and maybe she was the only one that did, but for my amusement and hers I think we'll see how long I can last in the blogging world this time. Interestingly enough, I think about being young and have a diary. I would get so excited and write in it everyday for about two weeks and then one year later another two weeks and so on and so forth.


So, here's to the next two weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...