Friday, April 1, 2011

Call Me Little Miss Sunshine

At school I am the Co-Chair of the Sunshine Committee. The Sunshine Committee is the "teacher morale" committee. Basically, I plans events that involve food. Although this year we stepped out of our comfort zones and organized a March Madness bracket for everyone. I know,  crazy.
This is sort of what it looks like. But not as fancy. And we are cooler.


Anyway, today I organized lunch for the teachers. We had pizza delivered and each lunch coordinated sides to bring and share.


I sent TWO different emails that specified two important things:


1) Each teacher may have (2) slices of pizza
We had CiCi's

2) If you want to eat a side dish, then bring a side dish to share


I didn't think these were ridiculous requests. If you didn't want to make a side dish, then take your pizza and leave or eat it and don't touch the other food. 


It isn't fair for everyone to spend time and money on their side dishes and then have the rift raft come in, eat their food, and contribute nothing. 


Now, before you say, "Geez Kristen, ever heard of sharing?" This is a recurring problem. It is always the same people that do everything for everyone else and people just suck suck suck like leeches on a sick child in 1712 Paris, France.


I think most of the staff understood and agreed with my rationale.


Most of it.


I must admit, I grew a little annoyed at my lunch when people came in, grabbed their pizza, and then looked at the table where the usual suspects sit (i.e. those of us who organized bringing side dishes and desserts to share) and exclaimed "oooooh! Cookies!" then grabbed three and walked out.


The type 'A,' bossy, slightly rude older child in me got a little heated when they not only partook in our feast, but also sat down, and kept going back for seconds. 


At one point I even found myself saying "Okay, the sides are for people that brought sides. We are sharing. If you didn't bring a side, I'm so sorry, but there is still pizza for you!" This slightly passive aggressive slightly confrontational comment did not deter many (the looks from my lunch friends let me know they caught on and were just as annoyed as I was. I think.)


In spite of this, I was able to get over that, enjoy my lunch and co-worker conversation about the important things in life, like Teen Mom 2. And hey! It's Friday!


But I find myself really irked right now to find out that certain pests secretly went to each lunch to get extra pizza. Meaning they took 6 slices of pizza- thinking no one would notice. 


In the words of Stephanie Tanner: HOW RUDE.



In the words of Kristen Nelson:  STEALER! YOU'RE STEALING FROM YOUR COWORKERS AND YOU THINK NO ONE NOTICES BUT THEY DO AND THEY TALK ABOUT IT AND HAVE EVEN TRIED DIFFERENT STRATEGIES TO CURTAIL YOU FROM DOING IT BUT YOU ARE TRICKY AND SNEAKY LIKE A RAT. And it is unacceptable.


And I will avenge you.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...