Monday, January 31, 2011

Fashion Police: I Give Up My Miranda Rights!

I'll be the first to admit it, I'm a sucker for award shows. The glitz, glamour, fashion, awkward speeches and unexpected bloopers keep me entertained and make for a very enjoyable Sunday evening. I have a viewing ritual which includes Chinese take out and my couch. Last night was no exception: the SAG awards.

Rather than bore you with my analysis of the awards (Natalie Portman, why are you so awkward???) I am going to take the opportunity to tell you my thoughts about the second most important facet: the fashion!

Top 3 Best Dressed:

1. Claire Danes

<b>WORST:</b> Claire Danes<br>
Best Actress in a TV Movie or Miniseries' Claire Danes misses the mark in a floral Louis Vuitton gown paired with a mis-matched belt.

<br><Br>Follow our galleries on Twitter <a href="http://twitter.com/#!/NYDNPhotos" target="_blank">@NYDNPhotos.</a>

This dress is fabulous, as she is fabulous. Love the print and the belt-- which was an added touch to several dresses last night. I also love the feminine ruffles along the bottom and sweetheart neckline. So appropriate for Claire Danes who is so sweet and precious.

2. January Jones

<b>BEST:</b> January Jones<br> 

January Jones' intricate Carolina Herrera sheath fits her like a glove. Glittering in Lorraine Schwartz jewels, the 'Mad Men' star said she only tried on two dresses before choosing this one. <br><br>'I usually just know what will look good on me,' she explains.

<br><Br>Follow our galleries on Twitter <a href="http://twitter.com/#!/NYDNPhotos" target="_blank">@NYDNPhotos.</a>

I love pretty much everything January Jones wears and last night was no exception. I am loving the high neckline so many actresses are going with this year as well as the mermaid tail bottom. My only rant for this look is Ms. Jones' updo which I think dates her a little bit.

3. Mila Kunis


Love the color. We saw lots of reds, oranges and pinks last night and in my opinion, this is the best of the best. Again, this dress is a belted print. I think it is PERFECT for Mila Kunis--- glamorous but laid back-  just like her!

As for worst dressed, I don't want to be Criticial Cathy or Rude Rhonda, so i'll be turning back to the days of rush with a Pro, Con, Pro format.

1. Jenna Fischer 

<b>WORST:</b> Jenna Fischer<br>

Who invited grandma as their plus one? Oh wait, that's Jenna Fischer in her best attempt at nursing home chic. But luckily, the red carpet was full of some hot (and <a href="http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/galleries/dress_your_age_/dress_your_age_.html" target="_blank">age-appropriate</a>) trends ...

<br><Br>Follow our galleries on Twitter <a href="http://twitter.com/#!/NYDNPhotos" target="_blank">@NYDNPhotos.</a>

1) Pro: Jenna Fischer seems like a really nice person in her interviews. 2) Con: This dress is just terrible. Awful. First of all... the color. Way to stand out on the red carpet. NOT! Secondly, the cut... it was not flattering and made her hips and bottom look big. Ugh. I love you Jenna Fischer, but I hate this dress. 3) Pro: Jenna Fischer's ponytail was fun and appropriate for the more laid back SAG awards.

2. Natalie Portman

 <b>BEST:</b> Natalie Portman <br> 

Best Actress winner Natalie Portman glows in a white Azzaro gown, complete with $2 million Tiffany earrings. 


<br><Br>Follow our galleries on Twitter <a href="http://twitter.com/#!/NYDNPhotos" target="_blank">@NYDNPhotos.</a>
1) Pro: White is in! I like the sequin touch at the top! 2) Con: Okay, yes, she is pregnant. Being pregnant, however, does not excuse showing up in a wrinkled dress. All I could stare at the entire time were the wrinkles on this dress. It made me wonder why the heck her stylist A) recommended this, knowing it would crease under her belly or B) didn't have an assistant bring a steamer to get the creases out before she got out of the limo, during restroom breaks, etc. You are the leading lady this go-around Portman. Get it together! 3) Pro: I LOVE Natalie's earrings from Tiffany's. Her jewelry was valued at $2 million last night!


3. Paz de la Huerta

<b>WORST:</b> Paz de la Huerta<br>

Wearing what appears to be Anne Hathaway's <a href="http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/galleries/golden_globes_fashion_red_carpet_roundup/golden_globes_fashion_red_carpet_roundup.html" target="_blank">Golden Globes gown</a> gone wrong, 'Boardwalk Empire' actress Paz de la Huerta falls flat in flashy brown number.


<br><Br>Follow our galleries on Twitter <a href="http://twitter.com/#!/NYDNPhotos" target="_blank">@NYDNPhotos.</a>

1) Pro: Paz has perfected the celebrity-on-red-carpet pout. 2) Con: This dress is the epitome of combining a God-Awful color, God- Awful lipstick, and too many trends at once. First of all, coffee colored lipstick hasn't been in since oh, I don't know, my mom wore Estee Lauder circa 1991.


 Secondly, this look sends me back to second grade, Leon Springs Elementary, Ocean Week:


My advice: next time you opt for the mermaid finish, I'd think about leaving the sequins at home. Scales are never flattering. 3) Pro: Paz is Spanish and that makes me jealous.

Have a great Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...