Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I left my heart in San Fr... er, Sebastian

As it is my fifth snow day and I am getting a little antsy, this is where I wish I was right now:

La playa de la Concha, San Sebastian, Spain
I would bring Mike and we would stay at Hotel Londres on Playa de la Concha.


We would have the same room that we had last summer, with a balcony opening up to the beach. We'd leave the doors open at night to hear the waves crashing on the beach and wake up to the bright sunshine, smells of the salt water, and sounds of people laughing and playing on the beach.


We would first go to la parte vieja (old town) for shopping


and of course, stop at a bar to make a big plate of pinxtos (tapas) y vino tinto for lunch.


We'd then head back to our hotel, put on our swimsuits, and head to la concha to spend the rest of the afternoon on the beach and in the ocean with our books (me) and iPods (Mike.)


Mid afternoon, we'd head up and get dressed, then walk along the pier to take the funicular 


up to the top of the mountain on the other side of the city. We'd share a bottle of wine and look down at our excellent view


and then we'd head back to the hotel bar to watch futbol, and as luck would have it, the World Cup would be on again (already?!) and Spain would be playing. And I would get to stare at this

Cesc Fabregas (ARSENAL!!!)

and this

Fernando Torres Fernando Torres of Spain looks on during the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Quarter Final match between Paraguay and Spain at Ellis Park Stadium on July 3, 2010 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Fernando Torres (Chelsea, but i'll take him)

and this

Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid, meh... alright, he can stay)

and... okay I will stop.

Oh I wish I was Basque and could spend my life in San Sebastian. I'd get to live in one of the most beautiful places on earth, among the nueve riche meets hippie artisty fartsy meets relaxed meets beautiful (oh, I mentioned that already?) meets most wonderful place on earth. 

I'd get to eat the best food, speak the most beautiful language (you haven't heard beautiful Spanish until you've traveled to Spain, it is completely different) and siesta and fiesta ALL DAY LONG EVERY DAY. Bold statement.

Ahhhh, the life I wish I was living today. Especially because the buzzer just chimed for me to fold the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...