Friday, February 11, 2011

Shake it up baby now!

You know you're old when...


your Friday night plans include chaperoning the Middle School Valentine's Dance.


This is not what it looks like
I am about as excited as I would be if someone forced me into oncoming traffic. 

I know, I know... but watching your students, your babies, bump and grind with each other is just so uncomfortable. I wish I was 7 years old again and my parents were present to force me to cover my eyes during the scary parts of Jurassic Park. 

I've actually only been to 2 or 3 school dances. Starting in 7th grade, I attended a religious school and well, they did not dance. One year some parents rebelled and hosted a Halloween Dance. I'm not sure if it was the dancing part, the celebrating Halloween part, or both, but all hell broke loose on campus and at one point they threatened to punish us if we went.  We went anyway. Ohhh I know, we were so BAD.

I tried to go as a "stylish bunny" but my parents weren't cool with that for some reason.



Maybe this is why I went to private school. Oh my high school... thats a blog topic for another day.

Anyway, here's an early toast to a better attitude! Happy Friday Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...